Day 01: International Flight-Delhi
- The room is duly reserved for Immediate Occupancy in Delhi
Day 02: Arrival - Delhi
- Upon arrival at Delhi International Airport, Kai Travels representative will welcome assist and provide transfer to the respective hotel. Afternoon combined sightseeing of Old & New Delhi visiting Qutab Minar, Humayun’s Tomb, India Gate, Parliament Building, President’s House, Jama Masjid (Mosque). After visit, return to the hotel for overnight.
Day 03: Delhi – Bagdogra - Darjeeling
- Kai rep will provide transfer in time for your flight to Bagdogra upon arrival assistance & transfer to from Bagdogra Airport to Darjeeling 93 kms approximately 3 hrs. Overnight in hotel.
Day 04: Darjeeling
- Early morning excursion to tiger hill & Ghoom monastery. After breakfast visit Tibetan refugee centre, Himalayan mountaineering institute and zoo. Afternoon walk to Bhutia busty monastery & observatory hill after visit return to hotel for overnight
Day 05: Darjeeling
- After breakfast: take a train ride upto Ghoom (subject to the operation of this train & availability of the seats) Darjeeling Himalayan railway popularly known as toy train was established in 1881. And back by jeep/sumo. Afternoon visit a tea garden–since Darjeeling tea is world famous for it’s flavour and has gained the best reputation in the international tea trade, a visit to any one of the nearest tea garden will be worthwhile.
Day 06: Darjeeling - Pemyangtse
- Transfer from Darjeeling to Pemayangtse 75 kms/4 hrs, Afternoon visit Pemayangtse monastery one of the oldest monasteries in Sikkim. Originally established by Lhatsun Chempo. Overnight at hotel.
Day 07: Pemayangtse
- Full day excursion to Khecheopalri lake is considered as one of the sacred lakes for Buddhist & Hindus. / Yuksum was the first capital of Sikkim, where according to the historical records, the 1st Chogyal of the kingdom of Sikkim was consecrated in 1641 AD.
Day 08: Pemayangtse - Gangtok
- Transfer from Pemayangtse to Gangtok 127 kms / 5 hrs, rest of the day free. overnight at hotel.
Day 09: Gangtok
- Morning visit Rumtek monastery. This monastery was built by his holiness Gyalwa Karmapa(the 14th). When he migrated from Tibet in the year 1962 and the monastery was completed by 1968. Tibetology & DoDrul Chorten built by the venerable Trushi Rimpoche, head of the Nyingma order of Tibetan Buddhism. Afternoon visit 200–year-old Enchey monastery & cottage industry. Overnight at hotel.
Day 10: Gangtok
- After breakfast visit Tashi viewpoint and Phudong monastery one of the six major monasteries in Sikkim. Overnight at hotel
Day 11: Gangtok - Kalimpong
- After breakfast transfer from Gangtok to Kalimpong 80 kms/3 hrs. Afternoon half day visit half-day city tour of Kalimpong visiting Zang dog Palri fo-brang monastery, Tharpa Choling Monastery , Flower nurseries worthwhile if it is in right season and visit Kalimpong market after visit return to the hotel for overnight.
Day 12: Kalimpong – Bagdogra - Delhi
- After breakfast: transfer from Kalimpong to Bagdogra airport 83 kms/3 hrs. to connect flight to Delhi
Day 13: Delhi
- Day at leisure in Delhi just to keep a buffer or in case one wishes can do (optional) sightseeing of Old Delhi or Lotus temple & Aakshay Dham
Day 14: Delhi-Back home
- On international flight.
*****Kai Services Terminate*****
It is mandatory in India for foreign nationals to carry passport & for Indians driving license Adhaar Card/Election Card/ Passport for identification for hotel & flights check-in.
REF T&C/PAYMENT PAGE FOR FURTHER DETAILS
REGARDING SIKKIM INNER LINE PERMIT
- For entering Sikkim a normal Inner Line permit is required.
- This permit can be obtained on any one of the following procedures:
- At the time of applying for the Indian Visa itself, the clients need to mention that they will visit Sikkim and accordingly a 15 days inner line permit is stamped on the visa.
- On arrival in Darjeeling we need to produce the original passport with valid Indian Visa at the District Magistrates office and a 15 days inner line permit can be granted. It takes half day.
- While entering Sikkim the permits can be issued on the spot at Rongpoo Check Post (while going to Gangtok) or Melli Check Post (while going to Pelling). It takes 20 minutes to 1 hour depending on group size. A serial numbered form at the check post needs to be filled and submitted along with photocopies of passport and Indian visa and 02 passport size snaps.
- The following can be granted Inner Line permits to visit Sikkim only by the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi or the Indian High Commissions abroad. Foreigners travelling with Diplomat Passports/Official Passport like Red Cross etc.
What is included in the tour
- Arrival & Departure transfers as per given itinerary
- All sightseeing by non air-conditioned cars/jeeps in Bagdogra-Darjeeling & Sikkim region
- All sightseeing & transfers in Delhi, in Air-conditioned vehicle
- Accommodation on half Board basis during the tour except Delhi on bed and breakfast basis
- English Speaking guide during sightseeing in Delhi
- English speaking accompanied guide in Northeast India-Bagdogra to Bagdogra
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any porterage or tips in hotels ,railway stations & airports
- Any table drinks alcoholic or non-alcoholic.
- Any domestic / international airfare
- Any camera fee charges into the monuments
- Any insurance of baggage, medical, & life
- Any extra meals / sight-seeing unless specified
- Any change in the tour itinerary due to political/ natural reasons no refund all extras to be borne by the clients.
- Any expense incurred due to any unforeseen circumstances political or natural such as riots, strikes, floods, storms road blockade, delay or cancellation of flights / train, government policies etc.
- Please note in case of any increase in fuel charges or any extra tax levied by the government will have to be
- Borne by the client before the commencement of tour.
- No refunds are made incase pax do not utilize meals, sightseeing or any other service as per our tour programme contract Please note KAI has right to change or cancel sightseeing due to any natural or political reason as the safety of our clients is of utmost importance to us.
- There are no swimming pools or luxury Hotels basically they are Simple hotels but in Aurunachal pardesh the accommodation is based on camps, Government Circuit Houses and simple Guest houses hence one should not expect luxury on the tour as far as accommodation is concerned in Aurunachal Pardesh. It is like a pioneer tour to the area, which is still not flooded with big tourism at all.